It just crushes your dreams if you get your IELTS exam results with the band score you want. You might not get the desired band in a particular module, instead of getting a good overall score.
If you’re unhappy with your IELTS score, you should take it again to get a better result. Don’t wait for your reappearing scores. Instead, spend that time preparing even better.
But, with a little guidance, candidates can apply for Enquiry on Result, i.e. IELTS test remarking, by contacting the test taking center.
1. What is the IELTS test remarking?
If you’re not happy with your original band score, and you apply for an IELTS test remarking, a senior examiner will remark your entire test without knowing your original band score. Your test center will be notified of the result of your remarking application within 6 weeks of applying an Enquiry on Result. If your band score changes from your original scores, then the test center will issue a new Test Report Form (TRF).
2. How soon can I apply for IELTS test remarking?
Test takers can apply for remarking their IELTS test, within 6 weeks from the date mentioned on the TRF (Test report form). You can apply for remarking the whole exam or one or more modules of IELTS (Reading, Writing, Listening, or Speaking).
While the remarking process is on, the original score is locked, which means you can’t use it to apply to any universities or immigration departments. The candidate must return the Test Report Form to the test center until he receives his remarking results.
3. When will the Remarked Results be revealed?
Remarked test results are available to candidates within 2 to 21 days of applying. The test results are notified to your test center and in this entire process the test center is involved as IDP needs intervention of a senior examiner.
4. How much does it cost to get my IELTS test remarked?
You have to pay an Enquiry on Result (EOR) fee, which is refunded if your band score changes. Check with your local test center about fees.
5. When should I apply for the IELTS test remarking?
- If you get assessed by an experienced IELTS trainer and do well in the mock test. But you have to trust the examiner checking the test. Getting your IELTS exam remarked is probably a good idea, then.
- If you keep getting higher scores on your recent exams, you can ask to have your test rechecked. This does not mean you’ll get a good score in your IELTS exam, just because you did well in your last year’s exam.
- If you think you gave the test accurately, and if you trust your preparation, then you can apply for IELTS test remarking. In this situation, one has to be sure about the examiner who’s grading him or her throughout the learning phase.
6. When should I not apply for IELTS Test remarking?
- If your score is two bands higher, than the required score in your local test center, then a second examiner will then check your test, and then it will be rechecked by a third examiner.
- If you didn’t do so well on the writing test and don’t feel confident about your opinion, you probably shouldn’t apply for a remark of your IELTS exam. If you didn’t hit the required word count in writing task one, i.e., 150 words, or task two, i.e. 250 words, you might lose a lot of marks on your exam.
- if you keep getting low band scores in your IELTS mock tests, then you don’t really need to retake the test. Then you need to get your English-speaking skills assessed by an experienced examiner.
Don’t compare your IELTS exam scores with anyone. Then, this isn’t a good reason to request a remark of your IELTS exam. If you fall just half a band score away from the IELTS test’s eligibility criteria, then you should apply for a remark.
Lastly, applying for Remark for IELTS Reading and IELTS modules hardly affects the band score of the exam. On the other hand, there’s a good chance of raising your IELTS band score in the Writing and Speaking modules. If this happens, it’s possible that you’ll get different score.
Moreover, for all this, a good guidance can help you resort to all your issues for IELTS test remarking, and that’s exactly where Proficient Training Institute (PTE) has got your back. We provide consultations from expert, certified and senior examiners to prepare you throughout the IELTS journey and also give you the much-needed direction. Contact us today for more information on IELTS test remarking.